Saturday, November 26, 2011

Finished Pin Toppers and a Pin Cushion

I couldn't sleep last night so I got up and made this pretty pin cushion for the pin toppers we made yesterday.


The Robin's eggs are definitely my favorite.


I think Sculpey clay must last forever because some of this I have had for over 15 years, back when I went through my hemp necklace making faze. I used to make these mushrooms all the time. I think I still have some necklaces with mushrooms like these on them. I love the idea of putting them on the pins. I've seen them at quilt shows and things but I didn't fall in love with the concept until I saw this shop! I could buy one of everything.


I love the pin cushion too, in all it's lopsided glory. I used a cookie tin for the base (about 5 inches in diameter). and made the hexie pillow to fit on top. I made cording for the rim to kind of hold the pillow in place. All in all I think it came out pretty good for being 3 am and not really measuring anything.

13 comments:

Vanesa said...

I love It! The pins and cushion look adorable!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Love the toppers! You need to post them in the Pin Toppers flickr group. We havent had any new pictures in a while.

Lorri said...

Oh I love the pin cushion. Would love to have instructions!

Jacque. said...

oh. goodness. These is darling. You could make these as Christmas Gifts...I'll take a doghouse with a brown dog, bone and food bowl. haha! Seriously. Would pay you for one. I have drooled over that shop, too. {sigh} Not enough hours in the day, nor enough money for me! {grin}

SisterOfTheDivide said...

So cute, adorable...perfect for Christmas! Perfect for anytime!!!

Debbie said...

Reallly cute!

Barb said...

Sorry you could not sleep...love love the pin toppers...and cushion!!

trish said...

Oh my goodness those are cute!! I love how you made the pin holder as well. :o) Don't you just love that clay! I have lots of little creations my children made that are so dear to me. I even wore some Christmas tree earrings, yesterday made with it. :o)
Have a lovely weekend.
Sincerely, Trish
ps. That is the cutest store and I also have it as a favorite in my etsy shop lists. :o)

MARIA said...

olá, Adorei o seu blog e quero te convidar a conhecer o meu.
coisasdanice-eunice.blogspot.com.
abraços

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Wow - pin toppers! I'd never heard of them until today/ I love them! Very nice pin cushion too :)

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dirt Road Quilter said...

Isn't that midnight, can't sleep inspiration a wonderful thing?! I hope you have since caught up on your sleep. :) Those pins are precious and your pincushion is just darling. You are so clever and talented.

Quack Quack22 said...

I have just found this photo from a link . I love the pincushion. Is there a pattern for it? also those pin toppers are brilliant. Is there a tutorial for these as I have never made anything like these before and wouldnt mind having a go

>

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...